Australian Parcel Box has developed a wide range of secure Parcel Boxes to receive letters, parcels and grocery deliveries from any delivery company. The Australian Parcel Box range is an affordable and necessary alternative to the aging household mailbox!
Online shopping is fast becoming the way of the future. Australia wide, nearly 1 billion parcels are distributed to households annually.
This figure is growing rapidly, and with today's booming online shopping industry it is time the modest letterbox made the transition into the future residential parcel box for home delivery.
With this evolving industry comes a number of issues:
- Parcel Delivery to your home address; Currently, a large portion of parcels are undelivered with the resident being 'carded' and required to collect their parcels from the Post Office or Depot within a set time. This is time consuming and inconvenient for the resident. This is not the convenience that you, as the customer, paid for!
- Parcel theft; Many parcels are left at the front door or in a postbox that is not secure.
- Identitity theft; Many important documents are sent to your home address, however, the increase in mail theft is also leading to an increase in identity theft with criminals gaining access to personal information.
- Our Parcel Boxes have industry leading features available such as insulation for grocery deliveries and an electronic security lock with a mobile application for electronic access.
- Many customers comment that other Parcel Boxes look like filing cabinets. Our Parcel Boxes replicate a free standing pillar, which is a very common mailbox style installed around Australia (..and it actually looks like a mailbox).
- Our Parcel Box has the largest internal volume for any letterbox/parcelbox on the market. You can fit up to 3 boxes of wine inside.
- The Australian Parcel Box range comes in powder coat finish with the option of adding a rendered texture. This rendered texture can be easily painted to your desired colours.
- Our Parcel Boxes are extremely customisable, easy to install and are proportioned to allow for brick construction of pillars, walls and retaining walls adjacent.
There are 3 methods to have parcels delivered to your Australian Parcel Box.
Method 1 - Address-Unlock Option (industry accepted method):
When purchasing online, include the code to access your parcel box in the second line of your address (See example below). When the postman/courier is delivering the parcel, this code will alert them that you have a secure parcel box for them to deliver to.
See sample address and code below:
Mr John Citizen.....................
Parcel Box Lock Code: 1234
270 Smith Street...........
You will need to advise your suppliers to deliver your parcel by using the "Authority to leave" whenever possible under "special instructions", otherwise the goods will automatically be returned to the depot. This option can be used for all your deliveries if you choose. Australia Post requires you to open a "MyPost " account (https://auspost.com.au/delivery-options) and make a choice to "leave parcels in mailbox (if size allows)".
Method 2 - The NetLock Mobile Phone Application (not currently used by Australia Post and Couriers):
The NetLock Mobile Phone Application can provide access to the Parcel Box, as long as the person using the mobile application has been granted access by the owner of the Parcel Box. The owner of the Parcel Box can grant access to specific people or specific organisations, such as Australia Post and Couriers (not currently used by Australia Post and Couriers). More information can be found at http://www.netlock.co
This method provides access to the Parcel Box by showing the access code on the mobile application screen, which the person using the mobile application must then enter on the Parcel Box to gain access. See below for the alternative bluetooth option.
Method 3 - The NetLock Mobile Phone Application with Bluetooth Lock (not currently used by Australia Post and Couriers):
This method is the same as above, however the access code is not displayed on the mobile application screen. The Bluetooth lock will automatically open once the NetLock application grants you access. There is no need to give away your access code. More information can be found at http://www.netlock.co